5 tips for Holiday Bright 2017 The Required We Know

5 tips for Holiday Bright

What kind of holiday decorator are you?

Walking through stores This particular time of year certainly sends the message in which there are many people who love  a holiday  glam look with glitter, shine, along with layers of finery.   If you've read This particular blog for awhile you know This particular won't be in which kind of post.  I like my seasonal decor as simple as possible.  When visitors come to my home I  want them to feel inside mood for the season without being burdened by sensory overload.

In honour of the upcoming  holiday season I created a style board to illustrate some of my top tips for for decorating without going over the top.  I commenced with This particular stunning chair via Chairish, a US based online marketplace for vintage furniture.  There are so many beautiful accent chairs to choose via, in addition to various other great finds for your home.


Mid century accent chair 

I could love to own This particular chair! This particular references warm along with cosy, however still carries a quiet elegance.  This particular can be yours for a great cost.  Check out the link above.

right now for a little creative play, let's give This particular a completely new home using 5 simple decorating moves.

antler, Christmas, nature related, trees, branches along with berries, Charish


Tip #1

Add a fur throw to furniture for instant warmth 

however if  a purchase isn't inside cards for you, don't fret.  You can satisfy  your urge by creating the same look using a faux fur throw or  natural sheepskin.   While you can use fur on any chair,  a framed chair in  black can't be beaten when This particular comes to impact.  Remember the power of spray paint!  Of course This particular one with its gold tips is usually extra special.  Hint, hint,  tape off along with spray  the tips  of your stand -in piece gold.


Tip #2

Reference nature 

A quick look around This particular style board shows nature repeated throughout the space with birds, trees, deer, as well as twigs along with berries. They are all easily added along with removed for another creative use next year.  What I like about This particular more minimal approach is usually This particular's longevity.  Many of the additions can be left up all winter so you don't have in which bare look after the holiday season is usually over.

Tip #3

Integrate seasonal objects among every day arrangements 

Take down a piece of art along with hang a wreath in its place, add seasonal objects to your window ledge along with bookcase or tabletop.  Berries can often be added to simple arrangements. 

Tip #4 

Add candles 

Such a simple addition along with so much ambiance when lit.  If you are concerned about safety,  purchase a set of battery operated candles.  They are so realistic right now with some even having a subtle scent along with flickering light.  I especially like  the  remote control function on the ones I have. One flick along with instant mood is usually created. 

Tip # 5

Use pillows for pattern along with comfort

Not everyone likes to have a pile of extra pillows around; I get in which!  I admit pillows are my weakness along with  I have a shelf full so I can make modifications through the year.  I think they are a modest cost for a refreshed  look.   One budget idea for seasonal pillows is usually to find ones in which work well on one side with your every day decor along with flip them for seasonal decoration. 

How does This particular  advice play out in my own home?  


Here's my dining room via last year.  Candles, real twigs along with fake berries, white  reindeer, sprayed pinecones, an evergreen along with birds. This particular will all be used somewhere again This particular year however This particular won't look the same. 


natural decorations Christmas reindeer berries along with twigs candles


For something different This particular season, I've separated my two buffets along with changed the art.


antler candles buffet Mike Gough
artist Mike Gough, The Island 2014

 I've been looking for the perfect place for my completely new piece of art by local artist Mike Gough.  This particular seems to be comfortable inside dining room. This particular painting carries a  fall feel in which made me think of my moose antler at my summer place.  Let's see if This particular can be integrated into a more sophisticated environment.  My candles are in place along with ....   This particular needs more than in which.  I'm thinking a conversation will happen between what's on the buffets along with the table.  Stay tuned.

0 comments